Learning Works holds awards ceremony at Boathouse in Wisbech for adult learners
THE achievements of adult learners at a Fenland further education centre were highlighted at an awards day. About 30 adult learners from across Fenland received certificates at the Learning Works ceremony, at the Boathouse Business Centre on Wednesday. Th
THE achievements of adult learners at a Fenland further education centre were highlighted at an awards day.
About 30 adult learners from across Fenland received certificates at the Learning Works ceremony, at the Boathouse Business Centre on Wednesday.
The Chairman of Fenland District Council, Councillor Ralph Butcher, presented certificates to the learners who passed courses in literacy, numeracy and IT.
Certificates were also awarded to learners who achieved the Security Industry Authority's security licence. It is a course people must complete for a career in security.
You may also want to watch:
Colin Stevens, managing director of Learning Works which has branches in Wisbech, King's Lynn and Hunstanton, said: "We normally hold event once a year to give learners a certificate to mark their achievements.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 4 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 7 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
I WAS one of the learners who received a certificate at the Learning Works presentation in Wisbech last Wednesday for completing my latest IT course.Learning Works has been one of the best things I’ve ever done. I have now completed eight courses there and started my ninth.When I had a spell when I didn’t go for a month I became “Learning Works sick” because I missed it so much.Also, the staff have been absolutely wonderful and are really excellent. I cannot thank them enough for all the help they have given me.KAREN GATHERCOLEWisbech
• To email your comments click here.