Learning Works holds awards ceremony at Boathouse in Wisbech for adult learners
THE achievements of adult learners at a Fenland further education centre were highlighted at an awards day. About 30 adult learners from across Fenland received certificates at the Learning Works ceremony, at the Boathouse Business Centre on Wednesday. Th
THE achievements of adult learners at a Fenland further education centre were highlighted at an awards day.
About 30 adult learners from across Fenland received certificates at the Learning Works ceremony, at the Boathouse Business Centre on Wednesday.
The Chairman of Fenland District Council, Councillor Ralph Butcher, presented certificates to the learners who passed courses in literacy, numeracy and IT.
Certificates were also awarded to learners who achieved the Security Industry Authority's security licence. It is a course people must complete for a career in security.
You may also want to watch:
Colin Stevens, managing director of Learning Works which has branches in Wisbech, King's Lynn and Hunstanton, said: "We normally hold event once a year to give learners a certificate to mark their achievements.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 8 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Body found in Wisbech road
I WAS one of the learners who received a certificate at the Learning Works presentation in Wisbech last Wednesday for completing my latest IT course.Learning Works has been one of the best things I’ve ever done. I have now completed eight courses there and started my ninth.When I had a spell when I didn’t go for a month I became “Learning Works sick” because I missed it so much.Also, the staff have been absolutely wonderful and are really excellent. I cannot thank them enough for all the help they have given me.KAREN GATHERCOLEWisbech
• To email your comments click here.