Learn about American history at series of Wisbech talks
- Credit: Archant
A new course in American History will come to Wisbech next month.
The course, which is being put on by Wisbech Workers’ Educational Association, will include 10 one-and-a-half-hour sessions and will be presented by Dr Mike Muncaster.
It aims to study ‘the war and its legacy for the USA, how the conflict divided a young and idealistic country, how the war was fought and the impact of the war on American history’.
The course, which costs £48, will be held at St Raphael’s Disabled Club, Love Lane, Wisbech, and is due to begin on Wednesday September 25 from 10.30am to 12 noon.
Coffee and tea will be available between 10.05 & 10.25am, before the start of the sessions.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about joining the course, contact Hilary Finlay on 01945 584737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka