Learn about American history at series of Wisbech talks
- Credit: Archant
A new course in American History will come to Wisbech next month.
The course, which is being put on by Wisbech Workers’ Educational Association, will include 10 one-and-a-half-hour sessions and will be presented by Dr Mike Muncaster.
It aims to study ‘the war and its legacy for the USA, how the conflict divided a young and idealistic country, how the war was fought and the impact of the war on American history’.
The course, which costs £48, will be held at St Raphael’s Disabled Club, Love Lane, Wisbech, and is due to begin on Wednesday September 25 from 10.30am to 12 noon.
Coffee and tea will be available between 10.05 & 10.25am, before the start of the sessions.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about joining the course, contact Hilary Finlay on 01945 584737 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide