Learn about American history at series of Wisbech talks
- Credit: Archant
A new course in American History will come to Wisbech next month.
The course, which is being put on by Wisbech Workers’ Educational Association, will include 10 one-and-a-half-hour sessions and will be presented by Dr Mike Muncaster.
It aims to study ‘the war and its legacy for the USA, how the conflict divided a young and idealistic country, how the war was fought and the impact of the war on American history’.
The course, which costs £48, will be held at St Raphael’s Disabled Club, Love Lane, Wisbech, and is due to begin on Wednesday September 25 from 10.30am to 12 noon.
Coffee and tea will be available between 10.05 & 10.25am, before the start of the sessions.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about joining the course, contact Hilary Finlay on 01945 584737 or email email@example.com
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began