Leading children’s author delights pupils at Peckover School
PUPILS at Peckover School were delighted to meet one of the country’s leading children’s authors, when Peter J Murray visited the school.
Creator of the ‘Mokee Joe’ trilogy of books, Peter is one the most sought after authors and is renowned for inspiring children to get into reading.
Peter gave an assembly where he told the children about himself, his books and the inspiration behind his characters and stories. He also read extracts from his books.
Peter also visited the newly refurbished primary school library, leaving a message on one of the walls.
Katie Bennett, a Governor at Peckover School, said: “All the children thought it was absolutely fabulous. Everyone came away thinking he was really entertaining and interesting.”
You may also want to watch:
“It is fantastic to have a visitor who can get children that age so interested in reading.”
The children were also given the opportunity to purchase Peter’s books and have them signed by the author at a special book signing after school.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer