Leading children’s author delights pupils at Peckover School
PUPILS at Peckover School were delighted to meet one of the country’s leading children’s authors, when Peter J Murray visited the school.
Creator of the ‘Mokee Joe’ trilogy of books, Peter is one the most sought after authors and is renowned for inspiring children to get into reading.
Peter gave an assembly where he told the children about himself, his books and the inspiration behind his characters and stories. He also read extracts from his books.
Peter also visited the newly refurbished primary school library, leaving a message on one of the walls.
Katie Bennett, a Governor at Peckover School, said: “All the children thought it was absolutely fabulous. Everyone came away thinking he was really entertaining and interesting.”
You may also want to watch:
“It is fantastic to have a visitor who can get children that age so interested in reading.”
The children were also given the opportunity to purchase Peter’s books and have them signed by the author at a special book signing after school.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months