Leading children’s author delights pupils at Peckover School
PUPILS at Peckover School were delighted to meet one of the country’s leading children’s authors, when Peter J Murray visited the school.
Creator of the ‘Mokee Joe’ trilogy of books, Peter is one the most sought after authors and is renowned for inspiring children to get into reading.
Peter gave an assembly where he told the children about himself, his books and the inspiration behind his characters and stories. He also read extracts from his books.
Peter also visited the newly refurbished primary school library, leaving a message on one of the walls.
Katie Bennett, a Governor at Peckover School, said: “All the children thought it was absolutely fabulous. Everyone came away thinking he was really entertaining and interesting.”
“It is fantastic to have a visitor who can get children that age so interested in reading.”
The children were also given the opportunity to purchase Peter’s books and have them signed by the author at a special book signing after school.
- 1 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 6 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 9 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections