Law graduate and former Neale Wade student in court on child pornography charges
A 21 YEAR old law graduate and former Neale Wade student has been charged with possessing nearly 300 images of child pornography in March and distributing filthy images Gordon Newman – facing 11 pornography charges -- appeared before Fenland magistr
A 21 YEAR old law graduate and former Neale Wade student has been charged with possessing nearly 300 images of child pornography in March and distributing filthy images
Gordon Newman - facing 11 pornography charges -- appeared before Fenland magistrates on Tuesday, when he chose not to enter a plea to any of the allegations.
Newman, who gave the court an address in Monson Street, Lincoln, is accused of possessing a total of 298 indecent photos or pseudo images in March on August 30 2007.
Such images are graded on the Copine scale, with level one being the lowest level; and five - including sadism and bestiality - being the highest.
It is alleged that Newman was in possession of two level five images, 26 level four images; 43 images graded at level three, 10 at level two, and 217 at level one.
A second charge of possessing child pornography alleges that on August 31 2007 he was in possession of four more images, one at level four, two images at level two, and one at level one.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 6 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 7 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 8 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 9 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 10 Councillors reject plan to convert hotel block into housing
Newman is accused of distributing 34 indecent images of children in March between August 1 and 9 2006, the images being at levels one, two, three and four, and going to eight different people.
The 21-year-old faces five charges of making an indecent photograph of a child, on dates between May 26 and June 13 2007, ranging from levels one to five.
He faces three more charges of making an indecent photograph within the jurisdiction of the Central Criminal Court between February 8 and May 7 2007, involving images at level one, two and four.
The case was adjourned for a committal hearing on December 22 and Newman was given unconditional bail.