Launch event marks completion of �65k Gorefield Adventure Patch
THE village of Gorefield has been celebrating, after the last phase of its �65,000 play equipment project was completed and launched at the weekend.
Project officer and parish councillor Norman Carroll cut the ribbon at the Gorefield Adventure Patch on Saturday morning, when 10 pieces of adult exercise equipment were added to the all-age scheme.
“I am thrilled with the whole project,” said Cllr Carroll, “it has brought the village alive.
“When the old equipment was there, no one used it, but now at weekends the play area is crowded.”
Gorefield Parish Council has transformed the village area after attracting grants totalling almost �70,000.
You may also want to watch:
The first funding came from the Pathfinder Project, with �40,000 being spent on play equipment for eight to 13 year olds.
“Then I thought we should have equipment for toddlers, so I applied to WREN and the National Lottery,” added Cllr Carroll. Another �16,400 was awarded to the village, and that paid for both toddler play equipment and a BMX track.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
The adult exercise equipment was bought with �10,700 funding from Donarbon.
“We are the only village in Fenland to have this type of equipment,” said Cllr Carroll.
“All the equipment is being well used, but especially, everyone loves the zip wire.”
The launch event also included a car boot sale, face painting, refreshments and a fun with recycling stall.