Wisbech’s Last Night of the Proms returns to Church of St Peter and St Paul
- Credit: Archant
Last Night of the Proms is returning to Wisbech’s Church of St Peter and St Paul and promises to be a ‘fun-packed, flag-waving and foot-stomping evening’.
This year’s theme is “music from the swinging 60s” with live music from the King’s Lynn Concert Band accompanied by local soprano Anneli Killen.
The event, held on Saturday, September 8 from 7pm, will be split in two, half ‘swinging 60s’ and the other more of a traditional prom.
During the interval, organisers will auction off the baton used to conduct the first half of the concert.
“For a fun packed, flag waving and foot stomping evening reserve your tickets now,” a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
All profits made from selling the tickets – which cost £10 (concessions £7.50) – and the interval auction will go towards the upkeep of the church.
“Included in the cost is a light buffet served during the interval. You will also have the chance to win a prize in our raffle,” the spokesman added.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
For more information, call 01945 582508