Wisbech’s Last Night of the Proms returns to Church of St Peter and St Paul
- Credit: Archant
Last Night of the Proms is returning to Wisbech’s Church of St Peter and St Paul and promises to be a ‘fun-packed, flag-waving and foot-stomping evening’.
This year’s theme is “music from the swinging 60s” with live music from the King’s Lynn Concert Band accompanied by local soprano Anneli Killen.
The event, held on Saturday, September 8 from 7pm, will be split in two, half ‘swinging 60s’ and the other more of a traditional prom.
During the interval, organisers will auction off the baton used to conduct the first half of the concert.
“For a fun packed, flag waving and foot stomping evening reserve your tickets now,” a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
All profits made from selling the tickets – which cost £10 (concessions £7.50) – and the interval auction will go towards the upkeep of the church.
“Included in the cost is a light buffet served during the interval. You will also have the chance to win a prize in our raffle,” the spokesman added.
- 1 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 4 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 5 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 6 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 7 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
For more information, call 01945 582508