Wisbech’s Last Night of the Proms returns to Church of St Peter and St Paul
- Credit: Archant
Last Night of the Proms is returning to Wisbech’s Church of St Peter and St Paul and promises to be a ‘fun-packed, flag-waving and foot-stomping evening’.
This year’s theme is “music from the swinging 60s” with live music from the King’s Lynn Concert Band accompanied by local soprano Anneli Killen.
The event, held on Saturday, September 8 from 7pm, will be split in two, half ‘swinging 60s’ and the other more of a traditional prom.
During the interval, organisers will auction off the baton used to conduct the first half of the concert.
“For a fun packed, flag waving and foot stomping evening reserve your tickets now,” a spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
All profits made from selling the tickets – which cost £10 (concessions £7.50) – and the interval auction will go towards the upkeep of the church.
“Included in the cost is a light buffet served during the interval. You will also have the chance to win a prize in our raffle,” the spokesman added.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 4 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 8 Cambridgeshire care homes back compulsory Covid-19 jabs for staff
- 9 Urgent police appeal to find man missing since Thursday
- 10 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
For more information, call 01945 582508