Wisbech’s Last Night of the Proms returns to Church of St Peter and St Paul
- Credit: Archant
Last Night of the Proms is returning to Wisbech’s Church of St Peter and St Paul and promises to be a ‘fun-packed, flag-waving and foot-stomping evening’.
This year’s theme is “music from the swinging 60s” with live music from the King’s Lynn Concert Band accompanied by local soprano Anneli Killen.
The event, held on Saturday, September 8 from 7pm, will be split in two, half ‘swinging 60s’ and the other more of a traditional prom.
During the interval, organisers will auction off the baton used to conduct the first half of the concert.
“For a fun packed, flag waving and foot stomping evening reserve your tickets now,” a spokesman said.
All profits made from selling the tickets – which cost £10 (concessions £7.50) – and the interval auction will go towards the upkeep of the church.
“Included in the cost is a light buffet served during the interval. You will also have the chance to win a prize in our raffle,” the spokesman added.
- 1 Cable fault caused power cut for more than 350 customers in Wisbech
- 2 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 3 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 6 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 7 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 8 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 9 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
For more information, call 01945 582508