Labour spokesman signs up to carbon-cutting campaign after watching climate change film
LABOUR S parliamentary spokesman for North East Cambridgeshire has called on people to join a national campaign to cut the country s carbon emissions – after signing up himself. Peter Roberts signed up to the 10:10 campaign, devised by the people behind t
LABOUR'S parliamentary spokesman for North East Cambridgeshire has called on people to join a national campaign to cut the country's carbon emissions - after signing up himself.
Peter Roberts signed up to the 10:10 campaign, devised by the people behind the climate change film The Age of Stupid, which was shown during an event at the Neale-Wade Community College in March.
Mr Roberts said: "Everyone needs to do their bit on a personal level to try and counter climate change.
"A lot of people in Fenland are already signing up to the campaign and pledging to reduce their carbon footprint, with everyone who signs up becoming part of a wider national movement aimed at preventing global warming."
You may also want to watch:
The campaign calls for support from all those who want to save the planet from future temperature fluctuations.
It gives individuals, schools, businesses and local authorities the chance to do their bit to reduce the UK's carbon emissions by working out how they can best cut the amount of CO2 being produced by 10 per cent in 2010.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time