Labour drums up support in Wisbech with petition calling for extra policing in the town
Labour Party members were out and about in Wisbech on Friday drumming up support for more police for the town.
“We were obtaining signatures on a petition to be handed to the newly-elected Police and Crime Commissioner, Councillor Jason Ablewhite, for an increase in the number of police and PCSOs in Wisbech,” said a spokesman.
Party members also spoke with shoppers about their worries and concerns about Wisbech.
The spokesman said: “After the high level of crime, petty crime and antisocial behaviour and the lack of police and PCSOs, the next most commonly mentioned matter was poor and inconsiderate parking and cycling in the town centre and on footpaths.
“The poor state of road markings, which are almost invisible in places, were also frequently mentioned”
You may also want to watch:
Labour says most comments were made about the zebra crossing near the BP petrol station on the Freedom Bridge “but many people had noticed that road markings have almost disappeared in many other places leading to dangers for both motorists and pedestrians”.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?