Knives and forks at the ready as Alison’s Pop-Up Supper Club arrives in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Local chef Alison Sloan is to cook up a storm when she brings her Pop-Up Supper Club to Wisbech next week.
Alison is to bring the themed club to Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House tearoom once a month, beginning next Friday with her ‘English Summertime’ three-course meal.
The chef, who also works as a Food and Nutrition teacher at Wisbech Grammar School, will prepare and cook the meals in the town until the New Year.
She said: “For me this is an exciting opportunity to be able to cook and serve food in an intimate setting with so much history attached to the building.
“Hopefully Octavia Hill would be pleased to see freshly prepared, locally sourced food becoming part of her birthplace. Her ethos of life enhancing virtues of pure earth, clean air and blue sky would, I’m sure, include eating well too.”
You may also want to watch:
Alison has managed restaurants for the National Trust and has written recipes for companies such as G’s Fresh, Somerfield and Waitrose.
She has also appeared alongside Gordon Ramsay at the BBC Good Food Show and Out to Lunch with Brian Turner.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 8 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 9 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
The first supper club will take place on Friday August 26 at 7.30pm and will feature dishes such as Cambridgeshire pea and mint soup with beetroot hummus and crostini, chicken fillets in spiced tomato sauce and boozy deans cream with summer fruit and Pimms crumble.
Seating is limited so booking is essential on a strictly first come first serve basis. Vegetarian options are available and all allergies can be catered for. Tickets are £12 per person, will all profits going to Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House. Guests should bring their own drinks.
For more information or to book call Alison on 07778 324250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.