Kitchen goes up in flames in Wisbech after washing machine fault, firefighters confirm
- Credit: CAMBS FIRE
A house fire was caused in Wisbech yesterday evening after a fault developed with the homeowner’s washing machine, firefighters have revealed.
The blaze started at around 7.20pm on February 19 at the house on Kings Walk in the town – crews quickly realised the source of the fire was in the kitchen.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “Crews arrived to find a fire in the kitchen caused by a washing machine.
“At 7.26pm, one crew from Wisbech and one crew from March were called to the house fire on Kings Walk, Wisbech.
“Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used one hose reel and one jet to extinguish the fire. A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the smoke.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters tackled the kitchen fire for more than two hours before heading back to their Fenland stations for 9.45pm.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare