Firefighters tackle accidental kitchen fire in Wisbech home for over an hour overnight

PUBLISHED: 10:58 05 September 2019 | UPDATED: 10:58 05 September 2019

Prince Street in Wisbech where a kitchen fire broke out on Wednesday, September 4. Picture: Google Maps

Prince Street in Wisbech where a kitchen fire broke out on Wednesday, September 4. Picture: Google Maps

Google Maps

Fire crews in the Fens tackled a kitchen fire for over an hour last night.

Firefighters were called to the home on Prince Street in Wisbech yesterday night (September 4) to reports of an accidental fire in the kitchen.

You may also want to watch:

A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: "At 7.40pm on Wednesday one crew from Wisbech was called to a fire on Prince Street in Wisbech.

"Firefighters arrived to find a fire in the kitchen of a house. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and a jet.

"The crews returned to their station by 9.10pm. The cause of the fire was accidental."


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Wisbech Standard. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Wisbech Standard