KINGS LYNN: Staff at crematorum ready for open day to offer reassurances to the public
AN open day will be held on Sunday from 10.30am at Mintlyn Crematorium, Kings Lynn. Andy Piper, an Executive Director of the Borough Council of King s Lynn & West Norfolk, explained: The day is designed to help reassure people about the service we provi
AN open day will be held on Sunday from 10.30am at Mintlyn Crematorium, Kings Lynn.
Andy Piper, an Executive Director of the Borough Council of King's Lynn & West Norfolk, explained: "The day is designed to help reassure people about the service we provide.
"The crematorium staff are often approached by members of the public who want to understand more about the service either to help them make choices for themselves or loved ones, or seeking reassurance about the process.
"Those who have had the opportunity to talk to staff and visit us have said they have felt reassured by the experience.
You may also want to watch:
He added: " Visits to Mintlyn are often at times of great sadness, and not times when people feel most able to ask questions or make suggestions about the service we provide. The Open Day will mean people can visit us under less sombre circumstances."
Staff will be available between 10.30 am and 3.30 pm to conduct guided tours around the building and grounds, and provide information about the services available. There will also be an opportunity for people to learn about how to access the facilities available for researching family history.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 10 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
For more information about the Open Day please telephone 01553 630533 or visit the Borough Council's website: www.west-norfolk.gov.uk.