KINGS LYNN: Staff at crematorum ready for open day to offer reassurances to the public
AN open day will be held on Sunday from 10.30am at Mintlyn Crematorium, Kings Lynn. Andy Piper, an Executive Director of the Borough Council of King s Lynn & West Norfolk, explained: The day is designed to help reassure people about the service we provi
AN open day will be held on Sunday from 10.30am at Mintlyn Crematorium, Kings Lynn.
Andy Piper, an Executive Director of the Borough Council of King's Lynn & West Norfolk, explained: "The day is designed to help reassure people about the service we provide.
"The crematorium staff are often approached by members of the public who want to understand more about the service either to help them make choices for themselves or loved ones, or seeking reassurance about the process.
"Those who have had the opportunity to talk to staff and visit us have said they have felt reassured by the experience.
He added: " Visits to Mintlyn are often at times of great sadness, and not times when people feel most able to ask questions or make suggestions about the service we provide. The Open Day will mean people can visit us under less sombre circumstances."
Staff will be available between 10.30 am and 3.30 pm to conduct guided tours around the building and grounds, and provide information about the services available. There will also be an opportunity for people to learn about how to access the facilities available for researching family history.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 3 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 7 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 8 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 9 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
For more information about the Open Day please telephone 01553 630533 or visit the Borough Council's website: www.west-norfolk.gov.uk.