KING'S LYNN: Queen Elizabeth Hospital visiting ban lifted after latest norovirus outbreak
THE visiting ban at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King s Lynn has been lifted. Hospital wards, which were closed to visitors after an outbreak of the winter vomiting bug last week, all re-opened yesterday apart from the West Raynham ward.But the hospit
THE visiting ban at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn has been lifted.
Hospital wards, which were closed to visitors after an outbreak of the winter vomiting bug last week, all re-opened yesterday apart from the West Raynham ward.
But the hospital urged any visitors showing symptoms of the bug to stay away.
The hospital has been hit by a series of outbreaks of norovirus in recent months.
You may also want to watch:
An outbreak on March 12 saw the hospital closed to visitors for 12 days. Last week's outbreak came just four days after the ban had been lifted.
A hospital spokesman said, "If anyone wishing to visit has been in contact with diarrhoea or vomiting within the past 48 hours, or if they feel at all nauseous themselves, they should stay away from the hospital for the sake of their loved ones and other patients.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 8 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
"We would like to thank the families and friends of our patients for co-operating while we dealt with the latest outbreak.
"We are extremely reluctant to ban visiting but it is the most effective way of limiting the spread of this particularly nasty illness, which remains widespread in the community."
The West Raynham ward remains closed to both visitors and new admissions as some patients are still showing symptoms of diarrhoea and vomiting.