The first LGBT event to be staged at King’s Lynn ahead of its first Pride rally in the summer
- Credit: Archant
King’s Lynn and West Norfolk Pride are proud to announce the first LGBT+ history month event in King’s Lynn later this month.
The event, held at Providence Street Community Centre, will showcase stalls and speakers from the LGBT community.
It is free to attend and open to all, on Friday February 23, starting at 7pm.
The occasion will celebrate the diversity of the LGBT community in our local population and give an opportunity to learn more about LBGT+ history and literature.
The event will include music, speakers, refreshments and promotional items.
Josh Elms, lead coordinator for the LBGT+ history month night, said: “We’re excited to be leading the movement in King’s Lynn and believe that this creates an opportunity for all elements of our community to come together and celebrate our diversity.”
Francis Bone, member of the LGBT+ cooperative board, said: “This event will showcase the skills and talents of the LGBT+ community and become a local movement for wider change.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 6 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 7 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 8 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 9 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 10 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
“We’re proud to be a part of this organisation and look forward to our Pride Parade in August.”
A suggested donation to help contribute towards costs will be all that’s asked.
The event is an opportunity to celebrate the past victories and struggles of those who identify as LGBT+ and act as a lever for cultural change.
King’s Lynn and West Norfolk Pride are a cooperative board of people who have come together to organise the first Pride Parade in King’s Lynn. This event is on August 18 and is the chance to build on the work started at the LGBT+ history month event and create a deeper cultural change in a local community which is inclusive and welcoming.
Other members of the LGBT cooperative board include Rachel Lawson, Linda Cox, Dave Cox, Darren Whiley, Dace Lockwood, Jordan Stokes, Ben Coulson and Jo Rust.