KING'S LYNN: Man found decapitated in Bedfordshire lagoon had links with the area
A MAN whose decapitated body was found in a Bedfordshire lagoon had links with the King s Lynn area, police confirmed today. The body of 26-year-old Michael Gilbert, originally from Luton, was found at the Blue Lagoon in Arlesey. He was last known to be l
A MAN whose decapitated body was found in a Bedfordshire lagoon had links with the King's Lynn area, police confirmed today.
The body of 26-year-old Michael Gilbert, originally from Luton, was found at the Blue Lagoon in Arlesey.
He was last known to be living in Blackburn, but had links with the Cambridge and King's Lynn areas. He is survived by his mother, sister and three brothers, who still live in Luton.
The news that Mr Gilbert's decapitated body had been discovered in the lake on Sunday wrapped in packaging was confirmed to them yesterday by specially-trained police family liaison officers, after detectives were able to identify him through fingerprints.
You may also want to watch:
Work by specially-trained search officers to locate Mr Gilbert's outstanding remains also continues.
DCI Jon Humphries from the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, is still appealing to the public to help identify his killer or killers.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
He said: "Our sympathies go out to the family of Michael Gilbert who have lost a son and a brother. Anyone who has information about who is responsible for taking his body to the Blue Lagoon is asked to contact the police. If you are suspicious about a person or people who may be involved, please get in touch."
Mr Gilbert's body was wrapped in layers of packaging including a white nylon builder's bag when it was discovered. A wheelbarrow was also found at the scene which police believe may have been used to convey the body to the lake.
• Anyone with information that can help the police should contact the Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit on 01707 355959, or call Crimestoppers, on 0800 555 111.