£1,000 raised for young son of teen who died in crash
- Credit: GOFUNDME
More than £1,000 has been raised for the young son of a Fenland teenager who died in a crash just yards from his home.
Kelso Lawrence, of Manea, was killed in the early hours of Monday when his car crashed on Byall Fen Drove at 2am.
The car was found by emergency services upside down in a ditch and two others in his silver Peugeot 206 escaped uninjured.
The public GoFundMe page was set up with the aim of raising £2,500 for Tommy's future and the Alzheimer's charity.
A post on the fundraiser reads: "This GoFundMe was started to show support for Kelso and his close family.
"Kelso’s parents have requested that the donations go to an Alzheimer’s charity and to Tommy’s future."
Zak Stephens donated £25 and said: "Party hard up there bro."
Jake Wright donated £40 and said: "A fellow farm lad took so soon.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
"Good night - we are all looking up to you flying high. RIP KELSO."
Kelso’s family paid tribute to him in a statement which reads: “Kelso will be sorely missed by all the family, his son and his many, many friends.
“We respectfully ask for privacy at this difficult time.”
Anyone who witnessed the collision, or believes they saw the car beforehand, is asked to contact police via their webchat service or call 101, quoting incident 28 of December 27.
Donate to the GoFundMe page here.