Terrington St Clement mum labels Duchess of Cambridge ‘down to earth’ after spotting her shopping in local Sainsbury’s supermarket
- Credit: Supplied/Kathy Whittaker
A Norfolk mum has praised The Duchess of Cambridge after spotting her shopping in Sainsbury’s supermarket.
Mum-of-four Kathy Whittaker of Terrington St Clement snapped Kate Middleton scanning her shopping at the Hardwick superstore on Thursday, October 24.
Previously of Chatteris, Mrs Whittaker says she was shocked to spot a royal while doing her weekly shop but has commended the duchess for being "down to earth".
She said: "It was lovely to see her [Kate] just being a normal mum shopping with her kids, she doesn't live so I suppose this is her local supermarket."
Kathy says Kate's personal security asked shoppers to put their phones away while the duchess scanned her shopping at the self-service checkouts.
She added: "It was her own body guard who was asking us to put our phones away so I couldn't get a decent photograph
"I love how she [Kate] just goes about her normal life, she is so down to earth."
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
Kate was also spotted earlier this year shopping for bargains at The Range on the same King's Lynn estate.
Have you ever snapped a royal or celebrity going about their normal lives? We would love to hear from you! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org