Soft toys and flowers are left as a tribute to 10 year old who died as he cycled to school in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Teddy bears and flowers are pinned to a fence in Wisbech in memory of a 10 year old boy who died as he cycled to school in the last week of term before the summer holidays.
Scores of messages and tributes adorn the fence in Weasenham Lane as a tribute to Kastytis Dambrauskas who died at the scene when he was in collision with a lorry.
His family paid tribute to the much loved lad who was a keen swimmer and music fan.
His family said: “Words cannot express the devastation we are feeling following the loss of Kastytis. He was a very much loved son, brother, nephew and grandson. He will be sorely missed by all.
“He was a keen swimmer and loved being in the water. If he wasn’t swimming he was listening to music.
You may also want to watch:
“We are incredibly grateful for the help and support we have received as a family but we would now like to ask that we are left alone at this tough time to grieve in private.”
The incident was on Monday July 16.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 7 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000