Soft toys and flowers are left as a tribute to 10 year old who died as he cycled to school in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Teddy bears and flowers are pinned to a fence in Wisbech in memory of a 10 year old boy who died as he cycled to school in the last week of term before the summer holidays.
Scores of messages and tributes adorn the fence in Weasenham Lane as a tribute to Kastytis Dambrauskas who died at the scene when he was in collision with a lorry.
His family paid tribute to the much loved lad who was a keen swimmer and music fan.
His family said: “Words cannot express the devastation we are feeling following the loss of Kastytis. He was a very much loved son, brother, nephew and grandson. He will be sorely missed by all.
“He was a keen swimmer and loved being in the water. If he wasn’t swimming he was listening to music.
“We are incredibly grateful for the help and support we have received as a family but we would now like to ask that we are left alone at this tough time to grieve in private.”
The incident was on Monday July 16.
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim