Soft toys and flowers are left as a tribute to 10 year old who died as he cycled to school in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Teddy bears and flowers are pinned to a fence in Wisbech in memory of a 10 year old boy who died as he cycled to school in the last week of term before the summer holidays.
Scores of messages and tributes adorn the fence in Weasenham Lane as a tribute to Kastytis Dambrauskas who died at the scene when he was in collision with a lorry.
His family paid tribute to the much loved lad who was a keen swimmer and music fan.
His family said: “Words cannot express the devastation we are feeling following the loss of Kastytis. He was a very much loved son, brother, nephew and grandson. He will be sorely missed by all.
“He was a keen swimmer and loved being in the water. If he wasn’t swimming he was listening to music.
You may also want to watch:
“We are incredibly grateful for the help and support we have received as a family but we would now like to ask that we are left alone at this tough time to grieve in private.”
The incident was on Monday July 16.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
- 5 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 6 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign