A crash of drums, a flash of light, Wisbech Grammar School show is out of sight
- Credit: Archant
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Coat was an official hit when students at Wisbech Grammar School performed the classic musical.
The energetic and talented cast were rewarded with standing ovations every night, and when the audience were invited to join in with the final reprise, it became clear that in the 50 years of this production’s history it has become firmly lodged in the collective conscious, a school spokesman said.
One audience member wrote on social media said: “If someone had told me I would like a school musical as much as I’d enjoyed Joseph I would not have believed them.
“Well done to all involved! I am so impressed by your hard work and talent.”
All 40 members of the cast and crew were delighted to be awarded a distinction from Trinity College, London, for plays in production grade four, when the examiner praised the vocal harmonies, the dynamic performances and the clever direction which all ensured an ‘overwhelming sense of enjoyment’.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils at Wisbech Grammar School excelled all expectations in their latest production which was performed at the Angles Theatre, Wisbech, to a full house every night.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 6 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink