A crash of drums, a flash of light, Wisbech Grammar School show is out of sight
- Credit: Archant
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Coat was an official hit when students at Wisbech Grammar School performed the classic musical.
The energetic and talented cast were rewarded with standing ovations every night, and when the audience were invited to join in with the final reprise, it became clear that in the 50 years of this production’s history it has become firmly lodged in the collective conscious, a school spokesman said.
One audience member wrote on social media said: “If someone had told me I would like a school musical as much as I’d enjoyed Joseph I would not have believed them.
“Well done to all involved! I am so impressed by your hard work and talent.”
All 40 members of the cast and crew were delighted to be awarded a distinction from Trinity College, London, for plays in production grade four, when the examiner praised the vocal harmonies, the dynamic performances and the clever direction which all ensured an ‘overwhelming sense of enjoyment’.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils at Wisbech Grammar School excelled all expectations in their latest production which was performed at the Angles Theatre, Wisbech, to a full house every night.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured