Johnny Depp among stars at Wisbech hotel
FILM stars Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter were among a glittering gathering of movie stars at a hotel in the Fens over the weekend. The party was held at the Elme Hall Hotel, Wisbech, after the London premier of Depp s new film Sweeney Todd – The De
FILM stars Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter were among a glittering gathering of movie stars at a hotel in the Fens over the weekend.
The party was held at the Elme Hall Hotel, Wisbech, after the London premier of Depp's new film Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
Today a source at the hotel said: "The hotel was chartered for a private VIP function at the weekend and we had a number of high profile celebrities from the film industry staying."
He added the hotel could not confirm who had stayed because of customer confidentiality.
You may also want to watch:
After checking out on Sunday, Depp travelled to London and donated £1m to Great Ormond Street Hospital, where his eight-year-old daughter Lily-Rose was treated after suffering kidney failure last year.
Filming was halted on the Sweeney Todd set at Pinewood Studios as her condition worsened. Depp, 43, later said the illness was the most frightening experience of his life.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 9 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter