Son of former England international entertains crowds at Wisbech event
- Credit: Archant
The son of a former England footballer was among the guests at this month’s Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club event.
48 people attended the meeting held at the town's Mendis restaurant, including John Stiles, the son of ex-Manchester United player Nobby, who won the World Cup with the Three Lions in 1966.
John, who previously had a spell at Leeds United, has now switched to a comedy career and was guest entertainer for the evening.
After humouring the crowd, John spoke about his father's flourished career, who has suffered with Alzheimer's for the last 17 years.
During the evening, Anthony Warren was inducted into the club, taking the total number of members to 60.
You may also want to watch:
The next meeting is on Wednesday, July 10 when guest speaker, Andy Ketley, will talk on rumours about tunnels under Wisbech.
Ladies are invited to attend this meeting.
- 1 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 4 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 5 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
For more information, please contact Peter Dennis on 01945 582873.