Son of former England international entertains crowds at Wisbech event
- Credit: Archant
The son of a former England footballer was among the guests at this month’s Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club event.
48 people attended the meeting held at the town's Mendis restaurant, including John Stiles, the son of ex-Manchester United player Nobby, who won the World Cup with the Three Lions in 1966.
John, who previously had a spell at Leeds United, has now switched to a comedy career and was guest entertainer for the evening.
After humouring the crowd, John spoke about his father's flourished career, who has suffered with Alzheimer's for the last 17 years.
During the evening, Anthony Warren was inducted into the club, taking the total number of members to 60.
The next meeting is on Wednesday, July 10 when guest speaker, Andy Ketley, will talk on rumours about tunnels under Wisbech.
Ladies are invited to attend this meeting.
- 1 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 2 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 3 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 4 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 5 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 10 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
For more information, please contact Peter Dennis on 01945 582873.