Son of former England international entertains crowds at Wisbech event
- Credit: Archant
The son of a former England footballer was among the guests at this month’s Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club event.
48 people attended the meeting held at the town's Mendis restaurant, including John Stiles, the son of ex-Manchester United player Nobby, who won the World Cup with the Three Lions in 1966.
John, who previously had a spell at Leeds United, has now switched to a comedy career and was guest entertainer for the evening.
After humouring the crowd, John spoke about his father's flourished career, who has suffered with Alzheimer's for the last 17 years.
During the evening, Anthony Warren was inducted into the club, taking the total number of members to 60.
You may also want to watch:
The next meeting is on Wednesday, July 10 when guest speaker, Andy Ketley, will talk on rumours about tunnels under Wisbech.
Ladies are invited to attend this meeting.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 7 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 8 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
For more information, please contact Peter Dennis on 01945 582873.