Son of former England international entertains crowds at Wisbech event
- Credit: Archant
The son of a former England footballer was among the guests at this month’s Wisbech Business and Professional Men’s Club event.
48 people attended the meeting held at the town's Mendis restaurant, including John Stiles, the son of ex-Manchester United player Nobby, who won the World Cup with the Three Lions in 1966.
John, who previously had a spell at Leeds United, has now switched to a comedy career and was guest entertainer for the evening.
After humouring the crowd, John spoke about his father's flourished career, who has suffered with Alzheimer's for the last 17 years.
During the evening, Anthony Warren was inducted into the club, taking the total number of members to 60.
You may also want to watch:
The next meeting is on Wednesday, July 10 when guest speaker, Andy Ketley, will talk on rumours about tunnels under Wisbech.
Ladies are invited to attend this meeting.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
For more information, please contact Peter Dennis on 01945 582873.