JOHN BENNETT: WHY I DECIDED TO 'RETIRE' AS HEAD OF WISBECH SCHOOL
JOHN Bennett spoke today of his decision to retire as head of Thomas Clarkson Community College, Wisbech. His shock decision to quit- revealed exclusively earlier by the Wisbech Standard and Cambs Times- came three weeks before the end of his first year
JOHN Bennett spoke today of his decision "to retire" as head of Thomas Clarkson Community College, Wisbech.
His shock decision to quit- revealed exclusively earlier by the Wisbech Standard and Cambs Times- came three weeks before the end of his first year at the trouble school.
In a "personal statement" released through his union, he said he has "decided to retire from his post of Head teacher at Thomas Clarkson Community College in order to develop a career in educational consultancy."
The statement added: "John has greatly enjoyed his time at the College, during which many changes have been made.
You may also want to watch:
"He wishes to thank the students and their parents for the encouragement they have given him, and the staff, governors and the Local Authority for their support, hard work and optimism.
"He is particularly grateful to his colleagues in the Leadership Team who have worked so positively to develop and establish new systems of working."
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
The statement added that Mr Bennett " looks forward to seeing the college continuing to develop and improve.