Wisbech ace Steed back with a bang
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech's Joe Steed made a winning return to the ring as he extended his unbeaten run to six fight.
The 21-year-old as a 40:36 points winner over Kristaps Zulgis at the latest Norwich boxing show last Friday.
Injury and illness have contrived to extend Steed's absence from the ring since a win on the televised Peterborough show but he returned in style.
"I'm buzzing to be back," he said. "I felt good in there. I had a good strong opponent but I could have done more rounds so that's good.
"I rush my work sometimes, but I thought I got my job done - that was my strongest performance and I could feel that I have come on."
You may also want to watch:
Norwich trainer Graham Everett added: "Joe had a difficult fight and he had to do it right - and he did. He has been out for a little while and he needed a good win against a decent opponent to move forward. Now it's a case of keeping him busy and getting him out again soon."
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition