Jobseekers stall in Wisbech to help with CVs and interviews
- Credit: Archant
A new information and advice stall to help jobseekers will be held at the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech.
The Wisbech Trades Council will hold the stall at the weekly job café every Friday from 10am to 12noon.
The café helps jobseekers with their searches, CVs, applications and interview technique - with free cups of coffee or tea.
Trades council secretary Sue Dockett said: "We will be here on the last Friday of the month throughout 2020.
"Anyone can come and talk to us about their employment rights, how to join a trade union and which would be the appropriate union to join.
You may also want to watch:
"With Britain leaving the EU at the end of the month trade unions will become even more important if workers are to retain the rights previously protected by Europe.
"Trade unions also provide a wide range of other benefits for members and their families."
- 1 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 2 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 9 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 10 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
Contact Wisbech March and District Trades Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find more information about the job café on 01945 581444 or www.queenmarycentre.co.uk