Jobseekers stall in Wisbech to help with CVs and interviews
- Credit: Archant
A new information and advice stall to help jobseekers will be held at the Queen Mary Centre in Wisbech.
The Wisbech Trades Council will hold the stall at the weekly job café every Friday from 10am to 12noon.
The café helps jobseekers with their searches, CVs, applications and interview technique - with free cups of coffee or tea.
Trades council secretary Sue Dockett said: "We will be here on the last Friday of the month throughout 2020.
"Anyone can come and talk to us about their employment rights, how to join a trade union and which would be the appropriate union to join.
You may also want to watch:
"With Britain leaving the EU at the end of the month trade unions will become even more important if workers are to retain the rights previously protected by Europe.
"Trade unions also provide a wide range of other benefits for members and their families."
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 9 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 10 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
Contact Wisbech March and District Trades Council at email@example.com.
Find more information about the job café on 01945 581444 or www.queenmarycentre.co.uk