Jobs saved as Vodafone opens at Wisbech Horsefair Centre
- Credit: Archant
Phone retailer Vodafone have opened at the Horsefair Shopping Centre.
The new store arrived following the national closure of all Phones 4U stories in September.
The four original staff members have been kept on and Vodafone have also been able to add one new member to the team.
Kevin Smith, Horsefair manager, said: “It was a worry when we told that Phones 4U would be closing but to hear that Vodafone would be arriving instead was a real boost.
“It’s fantastic to see the same team back in store and I wish them all the very best”.
You may also want to watch:
Sales advisor Tadas Joteika is one of the members of staff whose job has been saved.
He said: “It’s great to be staying in the Horsefair. We’re really looking forward to catching up with all of our previous customers as well as welcoming new ones too.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 10 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
The Vodafone store opens Monday to Saturday from 9am-5.30pm.