Jobs saved as Vodafone opens at Wisbech Horsefair Centre
- Credit: Archant
Phone retailer Vodafone have opened at the Horsefair Shopping Centre.
The new store arrived following the national closure of all Phones 4U stories in September.
The four original staff members have been kept on and Vodafone have also been able to add one new member to the team.
Kevin Smith, Horsefair manager, said: “It was a worry when we told that Phones 4U would be closing but to hear that Vodafone would be arriving instead was a real boost.
“It’s fantastic to see the same team back in store and I wish them all the very best”.
You may also want to watch:
Sales advisor Tadas Joteika is one of the members of staff whose job has been saved.
He said: “It’s great to be staying in the Horsefair. We’re really looking forward to catching up with all of our previous customers as well as welcoming new ones too.”
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 7 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
The Vodafone store opens Monday to Saturday from 9am-5.30pm.