Jim dropped off this delightful photo of railway staff enjoying a celebration just after the war in
A CHUM of mine, Jim Eagle, drops off this photo taken around 1945-6 at a British Rail retirement party in Wisbech. Jim says the railway staff of the Wisbech L N E R had gotten together for a retirement party but sadly he can t recall the person who was le
A CHUM of mine, Jim Eagle, drops off this photo taken around 1945-6 at a British Rail retirement party in Wisbech.
Jim says the railway staff of the Wisbech L N E R had gotten together for a retirement party but sadly he can't recall the person who was leaving.
He does, however, recall Sidney Hiner, the station master photographed making the presentation.
He also recalls some of the others in the photo including Bob Spencer, a relief signal man, Mrs Spencer, Charlie Rands, engine driver, Keith Rand (Charlie's son) and Diane Ward with other staff from the goods office.
You may also want to watch:
He also says a young lady by the name of Esmy is in the photo whose father was station foreman.
"Bob Spencer used to run a concert party and was quite a character and could play numerous musical instruments," says Jim who spent some happy times on the railways in Fenland before moving into agriculture.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage