Hunt is on to find stolen £13k dumper
- Credit: Ash Jilka
The hunt is on to retrieve a £13,000 dumper truck stolen from a village building site.
A JCB one tonne dumper was stolen from a building site on High Street, Sutton between 4.30-5.30pm on November 18.
Ash Jilka, managing director of AJ Carpentry & Building Services, was alerted to the theft at the site which was “left wide open.
“We had a dumper and digger parked on the site and a white Ford Transit van was seen looking in during the afternoon,” he said.
“I got a phone call to say the site was left wide open at around 5.30pm; I get there and the dumper had gone.”
After the JCB dumper was towed away on a trailer, a key for the dumper was found on the ground nearby which was not a company key.
“The neighbour said they saw the van parked outside the site,” said Ash.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
“It would have been a couple of people involved at least.”
It is believed the digger could be between Sutton and Chatteris.
Ash is offering a cash reward for anyone who knows where the dumper is.
If you have more information, call Ash on 07989 341724 or contact Cambridgeshire Police using crime reference number: 35/79682/21.