Jazz to return to Fenland thanks to Gorefield publican Martin’s new club night
- Credit: Archant
Jazz is making a triumphant return to Fenland thanks a music-loving publican.
Martin Walpole has kick-started a new jazz club – GC’s Fenland Jazz Club - at his pub, the Woodmans Cottage in Gorefield, and the first session will take place on October 8.
He said: “I have always wanted to bring great musicians to the area after meeting Graeme Cullum when I took up drum lessons with him in Essex where he fronts a very successful club featuring top musicians from London.
“Now we will see them for free in Gorefield. I can’t wait!”
Cullum is no stranger to Fenland and Norfolk having appeared in shows in various jazz clubs around the region.
You may also want to watch:
The new club will feature a regular house trio of Simon Brown on keys, Jose Canha playing string bass and Graeme on drums.
The first session takes begins at 7.30pm with the talented Paul Higgs showcasing a ‘Brief History of Jazz’.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 7 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 8 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 9 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
For more information, call 01945 871094.