Jazz to return to Fenland thanks to Gorefield publican Martin’s new club night
- Credit: Archant
Jazz is making a triumphant return to Fenland thanks a music-loving publican.
Martin Walpole has kick-started a new jazz club – GC’s Fenland Jazz Club - at his pub, the Woodmans Cottage in Gorefield, and the first session will take place on October 8.
He said: “I have always wanted to bring great musicians to the area after meeting Graeme Cullum when I took up drum lessons with him in Essex where he fronts a very successful club featuring top musicians from London.
“Now we will see them for free in Gorefield. I can’t wait!”
Cullum is no stranger to Fenland and Norfolk having appeared in shows in various jazz clubs around the region.
You may also want to watch:
The new club will feature a regular house trio of Simon Brown on keys, Jose Canha playing string bass and Graeme on drums.
The first session takes begins at 7.30pm with the talented Paul Higgs showcasing a ‘Brief History of Jazz’.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
For more information, call 01945 871094.