Jazz to return to Fenland thanks to Gorefield publican Martin’s new club night
- Credit: Archant
Jazz is making a triumphant return to Fenland thanks a music-loving publican.
Martin Walpole has kick-started a new jazz club – GC’s Fenland Jazz Club - at his pub, the Woodmans Cottage in Gorefield, and the first session will take place on October 8.
He said: “I have always wanted to bring great musicians to the area after meeting Graeme Cullum when I took up drum lessons with him in Essex where he fronts a very successful club featuring top musicians from London.
“Now we will see them for free in Gorefield. I can’t wait!”
Cullum is no stranger to Fenland and Norfolk having appeared in shows in various jazz clubs around the region.
The new club will feature a regular house trio of Simon Brown on keys, Jose Canha playing string bass and Graeme on drums.
The first session takes begins at 7.30pm with the talented Paul Higgs showcasing a ‘Brief History of Jazz’.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 6 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 7 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 8 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 9 More than 1,000 children in need of fostering in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
For more information, call 01945 871094.