Jazz to return to Fenland thanks to Gorefield publican Martin’s new club night
- Credit: Archant
Jazz is making a triumphant return to Fenland thanks a music-loving publican.
Martin Walpole has kick-started a new jazz club – GC’s Fenland Jazz Club - at his pub, the Woodmans Cottage in Gorefield, and the first session will take place on October 8.
He said: “I have always wanted to bring great musicians to the area after meeting Graeme Cullum when I took up drum lessons with him in Essex where he fronts a very successful club featuring top musicians from London.
“Now we will see them for free in Gorefield. I can’t wait!”
Cullum is no stranger to Fenland and Norfolk having appeared in shows in various jazz clubs around the region.
The new club will feature a regular house trio of Simon Brown on keys, Jose Canha playing string bass and Graeme on drums.
The first session takes begins at 7.30pm with the talented Paul Higgs showcasing a ‘Brief History of Jazz’.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 6 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 7 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 8 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 9 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 10 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
For more information, call 01945 871094.