Wisbech beauty salon nails it for helping a woman who runs a beauty parlour in a storage container in Ghana
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech beauty salon has carried out a random act of kindness by collecting goodies to send to a woman in Ghana to help boost the beauty salon she runs out of a storage container.
Everything needed to set up a professional nail bar has been collected by beautician Jamie Greenwood and friend Maria Moore, who are now shipping a box full of stock to Africa.
Jamie, of Jamie’s Boutique in Hill Street, Wisbech, said: “We heard about Lydia Agbeko as one of our customers had visited her storage container salon when she was on holiday.
“We realised it was difficult for her to get good quality product out there so we collected lots of old stock here to send to her.”
Among the box of items being shipped are acrylics, polishes, tips and files.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie said: “It doesn’t take much to do a good deed for other people. I think it’s important to help others when you can.
“Lydia is on Facebook and we can see she is over the moon.”
- 1 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 2 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 3 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 4 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 5 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 6 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home