Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- Credit: CAMBS POLICE
The family of a "much-loved" Wisbech man who died following a crash have remembered him as an "amazing loving son, grandson, nephew and daddy of two".
Jake Hemmaway, of Sealey's Lane, Parson Drove, was on foot when the collision with a Jaguar XE took place at about 6.30am on October 26.
After being struck by the car on the A1198 near St Ives, the 24-year-old was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, where he died on Monday (November 22).
The driver of the Jaguar, a 56-year-old man, remained at the scene. No arrests have been made.
In a tribute, Mr Hemmaway’s family said: “He was much loved by all and will be deeply missed.
“Jake was also a fun-loving character with a close circle of true friends, affectionately known as ‘The Reprobates’, who all have a true love of cars and each other.”
Anyone with any information should contact police via webchat: https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw or call 101 quoting incident 70 of October 26.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas