Jail for Ramsey burglar who broke into home whilst victim was watching TV
- Credit: Archant
She has been sentenced to a total of three years and six months in prison.
Mariza Main of Charles Close, Ramsey pleaded guilty to two counts of burglary, theft and possession with intent to supply class A drugs at Cambridge Crown Court on Wednesday (26 February).
The 46-year-old was found by eating a chocolate roll in the kitchen of a home in Westfield Road, Ramsey on 21 June last year.
She then began rummaging through the kitchen and bedroom cupboards before making off with a bag of sugar, packet of cigarettes and a lighter.
As she passed a Fiat Punto in Canberra Court she spotted some loose change in the vehicle and took it.
Four days later she knocked on the door of a property in Canberra Court asking for a drink of water. The victim let her in but later discovered a duvet cover and £20 were missing.
DC Henry Longhurst said: "Main is a persistent offender who regularly tries to exploit the elderly and vulnerable. This sentence will hopefully provide some respite to the people of Ramsey and give Main the opportunity to seek the help she needs to prevent further offending."
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 7 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 8 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 9 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 10 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
Main was sentenced to a total of three years and six months in prison.