Store’s ‘Christmas fun day’ raises nearly £300 for Salvation Army
- Credit: Jack's Supermarket
Shoppers at a supermarket in Chatteris have raised nearly £300 for the Salvation Army following an in-store ‘Christmas fun day’.
Jack’s Supermarket on Fenland Way hosted the day to help the local community mark Christmas early.
As part of the ‘fun day’ shoppers helped to raise £273 for the Chatteris Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army is at the heart of the community, transforming lives and offering support to the homeless and vulnerable people.
Donations were accepted by the Salvation Army themselves who performed a medley of Christmas classics whilst locals began their Christmas shopping.
The day also included free face painting for children as well as festive food and treats.
Peter Lonsdale, store manager at Jack’s Chatteris, said: “We hope the people of Chatteris had a wonderful time at our Christmas fun day.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
“It was lovely to be able to safely celebrate with everyone whilst also raising money for a wonderful charity too!”