Jack Lane becomes Headteacher for the day
NEW head teacher Jack Lane proved a big hit with staff and pupils at West Walton Primary School on Monday. But at the end of the day Mr Lane joined his classmates in Year One and Jill Davis who has been head teacher for two years was back in the hot sea
NEW head teacher Jack Lane proved a big hit with staff and pupils at West Walton Primary School on Monday.
But at the end of the day 'Mr Lane' joined his classmates in Year One and Jill Davis who has been head teacher for two years was back in the hot seat.
The six-year-old wore a new shirt and tie for his day as head teacher. He won his special day in a raffle after pupils were challenged to raise money for a school in Papua New Guinea. Around £300 has been raised throughout the school.
Jack began his day by taking assembly during which he presented pupils with their end of year certificates.
You may also want to watch:
He then accompanied Mrs Davis on a tour of the school to see what different classes were doing and how the pupils were behaving. That was followed by paper work and sending emails, and working out how many pupils had achieved a 100 per cent attendance record during the school year.
Once the paper work had been dealt with it was on to Class five to pick a winner in a car making competition.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 3 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 4 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
Mrs Davis said: "It has given Jack a wonderful opportunity to see how the school is run, how the teachers work and how well behaved the children are. I think he would make a very good head teacher because he is calm, sensible and polite. I might have to watch out for my own position.
"He has had a really special day and it is something he will always remember. Having this as a prize was a great idea."
Jack said he had enjoyed his time as head teacher but liked being with his friends. He said: "It was nice walking around the school and I liked picking the winner in the cars. Mrs Davis is very busy.