It’s a fair day for folk
FINE weather greeted visitors and entertainers to Wisbech over the weekend for the town s 12th Folk Fayre. The three-day event started with a concert at the Tower Ballroom on Friday, featuring performances by solo musician John Kirkpatrick and duos Folkus
FINE weather greeted visitors and entertainers to Wisbech over the weekend for the town's 12th Folk Fayre.
The three-day event started with a concert at the Tower Ballroom on Friday, featuring performances by solo musician John Kirkpatrick and duos Folkus and DnA.
Saturday started with the procession from St Peter's Church Gardens to the Market Place.
Dancing, including morris sides and molly sides, began after the parade at the Market Place where jester and street entertainer Kevin Burke, from Northampton, performed to the crowds.
A sing-around was held at the Angel Inn with a ceilidh, featuring Rusty Relics, at the Tower Ballroom in the evening.
The weekend was rounded off on Sunday by a wind-down at the Elgood's Brewery visitors' centre.
- 1 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 2 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 6 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 7 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 8 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 9 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 10 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
# Our pictures show some of the Folk Fayre activities in the town centre on Saturday.