It’s a fair day for folk
FINE weather greeted visitors and entertainers to Wisbech over the weekend for the town s 12th Folk Fayre. The three-day event started with a concert at the Tower Ballroom on Friday, featuring performances by solo musician John Kirkpatrick and duos Folkus
FINE weather greeted visitors and entertainers to Wisbech over the weekend for the town's 12th Folk Fayre.
The three-day event started with a concert at the Tower Ballroom on Friday, featuring performances by solo musician John Kirkpatrick and duos Folkus and DnA.
Saturday started with the procession from St Peter's Church Gardens to the Market Place.
Dancing, including morris sides and molly sides, began after the parade at the Market Place where jester and street entertainer Kevin Burke, from Northampton, performed to the crowds.
A sing-around was held at the Angel Inn with a ceilidh, featuring Rusty Relics, at the Tower Ballroom in the evening.
The weekend was rounded off on Sunday by a wind-down at the Elgood's Brewery visitors' centre.
- 1 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 2 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 3 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
- 4 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had worsening dementia’
- 5 Mayor's visit inspires Fenmen to cup thrashing
- 6 Over 480 arrests for drink driving across county, say police
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Wisbech Swimming Club member gains place at British Swimming Championships final
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 10 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
# Our pictures show some of the Folk Fayre activities in the town centre on Saturday.