It’s a fair day for folk
FINE weather greeted visitors and entertainers to Wisbech over the weekend for the town s 12th Folk Fayre. The three-day event started with a concert at the Tower Ballroom on Friday, featuring performances by solo musician John Kirkpatrick and duos Folkus
FINE weather greeted visitors and entertainers to Wisbech over the weekend for the town's 12th Folk Fayre.
The three-day event started with a concert at the Tower Ballroom on Friday, featuring performances by solo musician John Kirkpatrick and duos Folkus and DnA.
Saturday started with the procession from St Peter's Church Gardens to the Market Place.
Dancing, including morris sides and molly sides, began after the parade at the Market Place where jester and street entertainer Kevin Burke, from Northampton, performed to the crowds.
You may also want to watch:
A sing-around was held at the Angel Inn with a ceilidh, featuring Rusty Relics, at the Tower Ballroom in the evening.
The weekend was rounded off on Sunday by a wind-down at the Elgood's Brewery visitors' centre.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 9 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
# Our pictures show some of the Folk Fayre activities in the town centre on Saturday.