It’ll be a brave man who puts a bet on Wisbech Town to clinch FA Vase match win
THE Fenmen head to Gateshead with the whole of Wisbech behind them - apart from the town’s Ladbrokes store which has made Dunston UTS clear favourites.
Steve Appleby’s troops are embarking on a 400-mile round trip for an FA Vase Fourth Round replay as they look to keep their Wembley dream alive.
Two coach-loads of supporters (around 100 fans) will be there to give their beloved Wisbech full backing - something the bookmakers haven’t.
Dunston are 1/3 to progress to the last 16 of the national non-league competition, with Appleby’s Fenmen priced as rank 6/1 outsiders.
A Ladbrokes spokesman said: “Dunston are clear favourites - they got to the last eight last year and could go top of their league if they win their games in hand.
You may also want to watch:
“It seems a lot of people have the same opinion as we had to cut Dunston’s odds for last weekend’s game - we would have paid out a substantial amount more had they beat Wisbech.
“They were favourites then - and we believe they are even more so now.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
A draw (after 90 minutes) is priced at 100/30. You can get 10/1 on a Fenmen 1-0 win and giant odds of 50/1 for Dunston to be leading at half-time and Wisbech to have won by full-time.
If successful, Appleby’s Fenmen will host Bethnal Green United in the next round on February 11.