Is your pet a winner?
THE winner of our annual Pet of the Year competition will win a beautiful portrait by our columnist and Fenland artist Anita Davies. We started accepting entries from across the Fens this week, and this year s competition is going to be tough. Here, Anita
THE winner of our annual Pet of the Year competition will win a beautiful portrait by our columnist and Fenland artist Anita Davies.
We started accepting entries from across the Fens this week, and this year's competition is going to be tough.
Here, Anita has outlined the construction process of her previous pet portraits to show the separate stages towards her finished paintings.
"This is a recent pet portrait, now safely with the client and gifted to his wife, so I can share it without spoiling any surprises," she said.
You may also want to watch:
Send us your pet photographs which you would like Anita to turn into a stunning painting.
It doesn't matter what your beloved creature is, we accept pet entries of all shapes and sizes.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
Whether it is a snake, cat, rat or goldfish - everyone is in for a chance of winning.
The deadline is June 2, and readers will be invited to vote for a winner after the photographs appear in the newspapers
Pictures can be sent by post to:
The Wisbech Standard, 34 Market Place, Wisbech PE13 1DP
The Cambs Times, 51 High Street, March PE15 9JJ
Alternatively, email your photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your name, address and telephone number as well as your pet's name with your entry.
Unfortunately, we will be unable to return your photographs.