Is your pet a winner?
THE winner of our annual Pet of the Year competition will win a beautiful portrait by our columnist and Fenland artist Anita Davies. We started accepting entries from across the Fens this week, and this year s competition is going to be tough. Here, Anita
THE winner of our annual Pet of the Year competition will win a beautiful portrait by our columnist and Fenland artist Anita Davies.
We started accepting entries from across the Fens this week, and this year's competition is going to be tough.
Here, Anita has outlined the construction process of her previous pet portraits to show the separate stages towards her finished paintings.
"This is a recent pet portrait, now safely with the client and gifted to his wife, so I can share it without spoiling any surprises," she said.
Send us your pet photographs which you would like Anita to turn into a stunning painting.
It doesn't matter what your beloved creature is, we accept pet entries of all shapes and sizes.
- 1 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 2 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 3 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 4 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 7 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Travel firm to send our special Covid carers on a 'thank you' holiday
- 9 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
Whether it is a snake, cat, rat or goldfish - everyone is in for a chance of winning.
The deadline is June 2, and readers will be invited to vote for a winner after the photographs appear in the newspapers
Pictures can be sent by post to:
The Wisbech Standard, 34 Market Place, Wisbech PE13 1DP
The Cambs Times, 51 High Street, March PE15 9JJ
Alternatively, email your photographs to email@example.com.
Include your name, address and telephone number as well as your pet's name with your entry.
Unfortunately, we will be unable to return your photographs.