Is your pet a winner?
THE winner of our annual Pet of the Year competition will win a beautiful portrait by our columnist and Fenland artist Anita Davies. We started accepting entries from across the Fens this week, and this year s competition is going to be tough. Here, Anita
THE winner of our annual Pet of the Year competition will win a beautiful portrait by our columnist and Fenland artist Anita Davies.
We started accepting entries from across the Fens this week, and this year's competition is going to be tough.
Here, Anita has outlined the construction process of her previous pet portraits to show the separate stages towards her finished paintings.
"This is a recent pet portrait, now safely with the client and gifted to his wife, so I can share it without spoiling any surprises," she said.
Send us your pet photographs which you would like Anita to turn into a stunning painting.
It doesn't matter what your beloved creature is, we accept pet entries of all shapes and sizes.
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 3 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 4 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 5 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 6 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 7 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
Whether it is a snake, cat, rat or goldfish - everyone is in for a chance of winning.
The deadline is June 2, and readers will be invited to vote for a winner after the photographs appear in the newspapers
Pictures can be sent by post to:
The Wisbech Standard, 34 Market Place, Wisbech PE13 1DP
The Cambs Times, 51 High Street, March PE15 9JJ
Alternatively, email your photographs to email@example.com.
Include your name, address and telephone number as well as your pet's name with your entry.
Unfortunately, we will be unable to return your photographs.