Investigation launched after man dies in police custody
A MAN has died in custody after he was arrested on suspicion of drink driving. Police were called to Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge, at around 11.40pm yesterday after reports of a single vehicle collision involving a VW Sharan. A spokesman said today: Poli
A MAN has died in custody after he was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
Police were called to Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge, at around 11.40pm yesterday after reports of a single vehicle collision involving a VW Sharan.
A spokesman said today: "Police attended and arrested the 69-year-old driver on suspicion of drink driving.
"He was taken to Spalding custody, but died a short time later.
"The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has been informed and they are currently conducting an initial assessment into the circumstances surrounding the death of the driver - Lincolnshire Police are conducting an investigation into the RTC and the death of the driver."
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the accident to come forward with any information they may have.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 9 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 10 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
No further information is being released by police at this stage.
For all non-emergency calls contact us on: 0300 111 0300