Investigation launched after man dies in police custody
A MAN has died in custody after he was arrested on suspicion of drink driving. Police were called to Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge, at around 11.40pm yesterday after reports of a single vehicle collision involving a VW Sharan. A spokesman said today: Poli
A MAN has died in custody after he was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
Police were called to Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge, at around 11.40pm yesterday after reports of a single vehicle collision involving a VW Sharan.
A spokesman said today: "Police attended and arrested the 69-year-old driver on suspicion of drink driving.
"He was taken to Spalding custody, but died a short time later.
"The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has been informed and they are currently conducting an initial assessment into the circumstances surrounding the death of the driver - Lincolnshire Police are conducting an investigation into the RTC and the death of the driver."
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the accident to come forward with any information they may have.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 5 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 10 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
No further information is being released by police at this stage.
For all non-emergency calls contact us on: 0300 111 0300