Investigation launched after man dies in police custody
A MAN has died in custody after he was arrested on suspicion of drink driving. Police were called to Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge, at around 11.40pm yesterday after reports of a single vehicle collision involving a VW Sharan. A spokesman said today: Poli
A MAN has died in custody after he was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
Police were called to Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge, at around 11.40pm yesterday after reports of a single vehicle collision involving a VW Sharan.
A spokesman said today: "Police attended and arrested the 69-year-old driver on suspicion of drink driving.
"He was taken to Spalding custody, but died a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
"The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has been informed and they are currently conducting an initial assessment into the circumstances surrounding the death of the driver - Lincolnshire Police are conducting an investigation into the RTC and the death of the driver."
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the accident to come forward with any information they may have.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 3 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 4 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 8 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 9 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 10 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
No further information is being released by police at this stage.
For all non-emergency calls contact us on: 0300 111 0300