Investigation launched after man dies in police custody
A MAN has died in custody after he was arrested on suspicion of drink driving. Police were called to Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge, at around 11.40pm yesterday after reports of a single vehicle collision involving a VW Sharan. A spokesman said today: Poli
A MAN has died in custody after he was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
Police were called to Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge, at around 11.40pm yesterday after reports of a single vehicle collision involving a VW Sharan.
A spokesman said today: "Police attended and arrested the 69-year-old driver on suspicion of drink driving.
"He was taken to Spalding custody, but died a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
"The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has been informed and they are currently conducting an initial assessment into the circumstances surrounding the death of the driver - Lincolnshire Police are conducting an investigation into the RTC and the death of the driver."
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the accident to come forward with any information they may have.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 3 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 We want to end the season now, states Fenmen chairman
- 10 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
No further information is being released by police at this stage.
For all non-emergency calls contact us on: 0300 111 0300