Investigation launched after man dies in police custody
A MAN has died in custody after he was arrested on suspicion of drink driving. Police were called to Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge, at around 11.40pm yesterday after reports of a single vehicle collision involving a VW Sharan. A spokesman said today: Poli
A MAN has died in custody after he was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
Police were called to Bridge Road, Sutton Bridge, at around 11.40pm yesterday after reports of a single vehicle collision involving a VW Sharan.
A spokesman said today: "Police attended and arrested the 69-year-old driver on suspicion of drink driving.
"He was taken to Spalding custody, but died a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
"The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has been informed and they are currently conducting an initial assessment into the circumstances surrounding the death of the driver - Lincolnshire Police are conducting an investigation into the RTC and the death of the driver."
Police are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the accident to come forward with any information they may have.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
No further information is being released by police at this stage.
For all non-emergency calls contact us on: 0300 111 0300