‘Intoxicated man’ arrested on suspicion of drink-driving mobility scooter in Wisbech
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man was arrested in Wisbech on Wednesday (June 6) on suspicion of being ‘drunk in charge of a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place’.
The intoxicated man was found on his mobility scooter near Wisbech Fire Station at around 10.30pm.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “The ambulance service was called to assist officers but the male refused their help.
“The male was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in charge of a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place.
“The male was taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn.”
You may also want to watch:
Police said the man failed to provide a breath specimen and enquiries will continue later today (June 7).
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph