‘Intoxicated man’ arrested on suspicion of drink-driving mobility scooter in Wisbech
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A man was arrested in Wisbech on Wednesday (June 6) on suspicion of being ‘drunk in charge of a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place’.
The intoxicated man was found on his mobility scooter near Wisbech Fire Station at around 10.30pm.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “The ambulance service was called to assist officers but the male refused their help.
“The male was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in charge of a mechanically propelled vehicle in a public place.
“The male was taken to the Police Investigation Centre at King’s Lynn.”
You may also want to watch:
Police said the man failed to provide a breath specimen and enquiries will continue later today (June 7).
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 7 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600