The power of prayer at a Wisbech church
- Credit: Archant
A world day of prayer was joined by women from Wisbech as part of a day of celebration.
The International Womens’ Day prayer event was joined by 25 people from the Fens.
Sean Finlay, said: “Twenty five intrepid souls braved the freezing cold to join in this annual celebration.
“The material this year was put together by the Women of Suriname. This country is located on the north east coast of South America.
“Hilary Finlay, from Our Lady and St Charles catholic church, who led the service said it was another opportunity to show solidarity with those, particularly women, in different countries, and to cement the good work working relations shared by the local Wisbech churches.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to all those, men and women, who supported this annual event.”
Bharat Khetani and his wife Pritty. from the Wisbech Interfaith Forum. said how uplifted and challenged they had been by the material within the service.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
The event included the national flag of Suriname which was draped across the altar.