The power of prayer at a Wisbech church
- Credit: Archant
A world day of prayer was joined by women from Wisbech as part of a day of celebration.
The International Womens’ Day prayer event was joined by 25 people from the Fens.
Sean Finlay, said: “Twenty five intrepid souls braved the freezing cold to join in this annual celebration.
“The material this year was put together by the Women of Suriname. This country is located on the north east coast of South America.
“Hilary Finlay, from Our Lady and St Charles catholic church, who led the service said it was another opportunity to show solidarity with those, particularly women, in different countries, and to cement the good work working relations shared by the local Wisbech churches.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to all those, men and women, who supported this annual event.”
Bharat Khetani and his wife Pritty. from the Wisbech Interfaith Forum. said how uplifted and challenged they had been by the material within the service.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 6 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 7 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 8 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 9 Secret Garden Party tickets sell out in hours of going on sale
- 10 New book launches recording family's Covid-19 experience
The event included the national flag of Suriname which was draped across the altar.