Interim Risk of Sexual Harm Order imposed on Wisbech man
AN interim Risk of Sexual Harm Order has been imposed on 26-year-old Wisbech man Anthony Smith, despite protestations from his solicitor.
Under the order, Smith is prohibited from communicating with any female under the age of 16, directly or indirectly.
He is also banned from being in the company of any female under the age of 16 in any place, including his home, without the express consent of a Public Protection Officer.
The interim order on Smith, of Cannon Street, Wisbech, was imposed by District Judge Ken Sheraton sitting at Wisbech courthouse on Tuesday.
The order was contested by Smith’s solicitor Iain Bain, who said it was not necessary, and claimed the prejudice it would cause him would outweigh any protection afforded to the public.
The judge said he made the order because it was just to do so. He warned that any breach could lead to Smith being jailed.
An application for a full order will also be contested; the date of that hearing will be set on September 21.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 6 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash