Interim Risk of Sexual Harm Order imposed on Wisbech man
AN interim Risk of Sexual Harm Order has been imposed on 26-year-old Wisbech man Anthony Smith, despite protestations from his solicitor.
Under the order, Smith is prohibited from communicating with any female under the age of 16, directly or indirectly.
He is also banned from being in the company of any female under the age of 16 in any place, including his home, without the express consent of a Public Protection Officer.
The interim order on Smith, of Cannon Street, Wisbech, was imposed by District Judge Ken Sheraton sitting at Wisbech courthouse on Tuesday.
The order was contested by Smith’s solicitor Iain Bain, who said it was not necessary, and claimed the prejudice it would cause him would outweigh any protection afforded to the public.
You may also want to watch:
The judge said he made the order because it was just to do so. He warned that any breach could lead to Smith being jailed.
An application for a full order will also be contested; the date of that hearing will be set on September 21.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 5 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 Family of man who died at quarry plead with people not to swim
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour