Food blogger films ‘dolphin’ swimming in murky River Nene from her window
- Credit: Poppy Everitt/@onmydinnertable
A Fenland food blogger thinks she has captured the moment a “dolphin or porpoise” swam through the murky River Nene on camera.
Poppy Everitt says she has seen the marine mammal go past her Wisbech workplace before – but this time has documented evidence.
Ms Everitt, known online as @onmydinnertable, first saw the finned creature on Monday, August 24 and once again on Tuesday, August 25.
Mobile phone footage shows the black silhouette swim through the brown River Nene, popping up out of the water for less than a second.
Ms Everitt said: “I saw the dolphin and contacted British Divers Marine Life Rescue to report it.
“They have seen the video and confirmed this is highly likely a dolphin and not a porpoise due to the fin shape and size.
“I have not seen it again since Tuesday, but marine rescue asked me to keep them updated if I do, they are hoping to track its movement.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
“I have also been posting updates about it on my Instagram and it has gained a lot of interest! What an amazing sight.”