Food blogger films ‘dolphin’ swimming in murky River Nene from her window
- Credit: Poppy Everitt/@onmydinnertable
A Fenland food blogger thinks she has captured the moment a “dolphin or porpoise” swam through the murky River Nene on camera.
Poppy Everitt says she has seen the marine mammal go past her Wisbech workplace before – but this time has documented evidence.
Ms Everitt, known online as @onmydinnertable, first saw the finned creature on Monday, August 24 and once again on Tuesday, August 25.
Mobile phone footage shows the black silhouette swim through the brown River Nene, popping up out of the water for less than a second.
Ms Everitt said: “I saw the dolphin and contacted British Divers Marine Life Rescue to report it.
You may also want to watch:
“They have seen the video and confirmed this is highly likely a dolphin and not a porpoise due to the fin shape and size.
“I have not seen it again since Tuesday, but marine rescue asked me to keep them updated if I do, they are hoping to track its movement.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
“I have also been posting updates about it on my Instagram and it has gained a lot of interest! What an amazing sight.”