Food blogger films ‘dolphin’ swimming in murky River Nene from her window
- Credit: Poppy Everitt/@onmydinnertable
A Fenland food blogger thinks she has captured the moment a “dolphin or porpoise” swam through the murky River Nene on camera.
Poppy Everitt says she has seen the marine mammal go past her Wisbech workplace before – but this time has documented evidence.
Ms Everitt, known online as @onmydinnertable, first saw the finned creature on Monday, August 24 and once again on Tuesday, August 25.
Mobile phone footage shows the black silhouette swim through the brown River Nene, popping up out of the water for less than a second.
Ms Everitt said: “I saw the dolphin and contacted British Divers Marine Life Rescue to report it.
You may also want to watch:
“They have seen the video and confirmed this is highly likely a dolphin and not a porpoise due to the fin shape and size.
“I have not seen it again since Tuesday, but marine rescue asked me to keep them updated if I do, they are hoping to track its movement.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
“I have also been posting updates about it on my Instagram and it has gained a lot of interest! What an amazing sight.”