Increase in thefts reported from parked vehicles and outbuildings in part of Fenland
POLICE are renewing crime prevention advice to Fenland residents following an increase in overnight thefts from parked vehicles and outbuildings. In recent weeks, a numbers of overnight thefts have been reported in rural areas including Terrington St Clem
POLICE are renewing crime prevention advice to Fenland residents following an increase in overnight thefts from parked vehicles and outbuildings.
In recent weeks, a numbers of overnight thefts have been reported in rural areas including Terrington St Clement, Smeeth Road, and Long Lotts, Marshland St James and Walpole Highway.
One local man has been arrested in connection with a trailer theft and a stolen pick-up truck recovered by officers.
Officers from Terrington Neighbourhood Team continue their on-going initiative to raise awareness of home security measures and provide free security products to households affected, as well as neighbouring properties.
Terrington Sgt Sam Pontin said: "Given the recent trend, we are reminding all local residents that investing time and effort in home and vehicle security can deter opportunist thieves.
"We are working closely with response officers to deter, disrupt and identify offenders and ask local residents to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activities or vehicles immediately to police.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 9 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
- 10 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift