In one morning an area of Wisbech is hit by shed, garage and house burglaries Did you see anything?
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with house, shed and garage burglaries in an hour and a half period in the Lynn Road area of Wisbech.
The incidents happened between 4am and 5.30am on Sunday July 2.
They include attempted theft from vehicles, homes, garages and sheds.
• In Lynn Road there was an attempted theft from a vehicle at around 4.40am when the offender searched through two cars before attempting to enter the property through the rear kitchen window but he was unsuccessful. He then made off over the fence into the neighbours garden. Crime reference CF0374350717/ CF0374310717.
• In Lynn Road a handbag was stolen which contained the victims passport, driving license and ID card. A set of car keys were also stolen from the property. The offender was found in the building and chased away. Crime reference CF0374130717.
• In Lynn Road the offender tried to open a downstairs bathroom window but was unsuccessful. The person then gained access to two sheds in the rear garden of the property however it is believed nothing was taken. Crime reference CF0374460717.
• In Lynn Road the offender attempted a garage burglary and theft from motor vehicle. The offender got away with a speed camera monitoring device. Crime reference CF0374430717.
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 5 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 10 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
• In Colvile Road the offender attempted a shed burglary, it is believed nothing was taken. The offender was found in the garden by the victim and was confronted. He then fled. Crime reference CF0373390717.
• In Trafford Road there was an attempted garage burglary. It is believed nothing was taken. Crime reference CF0373530717.
Anyone with information should call DC Jon Edwards on 101 quoting the relevant number or visit www.contactcambspolice.uk/Report/. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.