Police crackdown on illegally parked cars sees 17 ticketed in just one afternoon in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Seventeen illegally parked vehicles were ticketed by police in just one afternoon in Wisbech – at £30 a time.
“There are numerous free car parks in Wisbech so please make use of them,” said a police spokesman sharing the news on the Facebook page Policing Wisbech.
Retired county councillor Alan Lay captured 15 of the illegally parked cars or vans on camera after spending the same afternoon walking around the town.
He said: “It is an everyday occurrence of the blatant and total disregard for traffic laws and common sense.
“The local police state they issue about 100 tickets a month at £30 each. It should be 100 tickets per day totalling £3,000.”
You may also want to watch:
Fenland district councillor Virginia Bucknor called the crackdown “excellent news” instead of “people having to take their pushchairs and wheelchairs into the road because of selfish inconsiderate drivers”.
However one person said on Facebook: “But why not have traffic wardens so police can do more important work?”
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
Another added: “Well done but it needs doing on a regular basis - not enough every now and then.”