Illegal drugs found on a teenage cycling in the snow late at night, court told
ILLEGAL drugs were found on a teenager cycling in the snow late at night in Wisbech town centre. Michael Baldock had two pills in his pocket – and police later found cannabis at his home address. At Wisbech courthouse this week, 19-year-old Baldock, of Th
ILLEGAL drugs were found on a teenager cycling in the snow late at night in Wisbech town centre.
Michael Baldock had two pills in his pocket - and police later found cannabis at his home address.
At Wisbech courthouse this week, 19-year-old Baldock, of The Russetts, Upwell, admitted possessing class C drugs BZP and TFMPP, and possessing class B cannabis on January 8.
"He was wearing dark clothing and had no lights on his cycle," Fenland magistrates heard from prosecutor Scheherazade Haque. "He was trying to avoid a police car.
You may also want to watch:
"He turned out his pockets but appeared to retain something in his jumper pocket. He had two tablets, and said they were paracetamol."
Representing himself in court, Baldock said he had found the pills outside the Westgate store.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
"The cannabis was left in my flat by someone else, I don't know how it got there," he said.
Baldock, who plans to join the army, was fined �65 with a �15 surcharge and the drugs will be forfeited and destroyed.