Illegal drugs found on a teenage cycling in the snow late at night, court told
ILLEGAL drugs were found on a teenager cycling in the snow late at night in Wisbech town centre. Michael Baldock had two pills in his pocket – and police later found cannabis at his home address. At Wisbech courthouse this week, 19-year-old Baldock, of Th
ILLEGAL drugs were found on a teenager cycling in the snow late at night in Wisbech town centre.
Michael Baldock had two pills in his pocket - and police later found cannabis at his home address.
At Wisbech courthouse this week, 19-year-old Baldock, of The Russetts, Upwell, admitted possessing class C drugs BZP and TFMPP, and possessing class B cannabis on January 8.
"He was wearing dark clothing and had no lights on his cycle," Fenland magistrates heard from prosecutor Scheherazade Haque. "He was trying to avoid a police car.
You may also want to watch:
"He turned out his pockets but appeared to retain something in his jumper pocket. He had two tablets, and said they were paracetamol."
Representing himself in court, Baldock said he had found the pills outside the Westgate store.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
"The cannabis was left in my flat by someone else, I don't know how it got there," he said.
Baldock, who plans to join the army, was fined �65 with a �15 surcharge and the drugs will be forfeited and destroyed.