Illegal drugs found on a teenage cycling in the snow late at night, court told
ILLEGAL drugs were found on a teenager cycling in the snow late at night in Wisbech town centre. Michael Baldock had two pills in his pocket – and police later found cannabis at his home address. At Wisbech courthouse this week, 19-year-old Baldock, of Th
ILLEGAL drugs were found on a teenager cycling in the snow late at night in Wisbech town centre.
Michael Baldock had two pills in his pocket - and police later found cannabis at his home address.
At Wisbech courthouse this week, 19-year-old Baldock, of The Russetts, Upwell, admitted possessing class C drugs BZP and TFMPP, and possessing class B cannabis on January 8.
"He was wearing dark clothing and had no lights on his cycle," Fenland magistrates heard from prosecutor Scheherazade Haque. "He was trying to avoid a police car.
"He turned out his pockets but appeared to retain something in his jumper pocket. He had two tablets, and said they were paracetamol."
Representing himself in court, Baldock said he had found the pills outside the Westgate store.
- 1 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 2 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 3 Pictures show major lorry blaze on A16 near Cambridgeshire
- 4 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
- 5 Councillors reject plan to convert hotel block into housing
- 6 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 E-scooter crackdown sees crimes drop by third across county
- 9 ‘It’s virtually impossible to register with an NHS dentist’ - people struggling to pay for dental care
- 10 Roads minister and North East Cambs MP open £17m Guyhirn roundabout
"The cannabis was left in my flat by someone else, I don't know how it got there," he said.
Baldock, who plans to join the army, was fined �65 with a �15 surcharge and the drugs will be forfeited and destroyed.