Ian raises £2,000 for BHF
WISBECH man Ian Calton overcome Sunday s searing heat to complete the London Marathon and raise £2,000 for the British Heart Foundation. He took part as one of the charity s Heart Runners and completed the course in an impressive three hours and 39 minute
WISBECH man Ian Calton overcome Sunday's searing heat to complete the London Marathon and raise £2,000 for the British Heart Foundation.
He took part as one of the charity's Heart Runners and completed the course in an impressive three hours and 39 minutes.
Mr Calton said: "I am so proud to have been part of the British Heart Foundation Heart Runners team, helping the thousands of men, women and children that depend on the charity's support each year."
The money raised by Mr Calton will help ensure that the British Heart Foundation can continue its work into the causes of heart disease, looking at how to prevent it and how it can be treated.
You may also want to watch:
It aimed to raise £900,000 through the marathon to go towards research, education and life-saving equipment to help people, who suffer with heart disease, return to a full and active way of life.
* Heart and circulatory disease kills more than any other serious illness, including cancer, and coronary heart disease claims the lives of one in five men and one in six women.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000