Hinchingbrooke Hospital restricts visitors as number of Covid-19 cases rises to four in the county
- Credit: Archant
Since today (March 15) at 2pm the number of cases in Cambridgshire has risen to four.
Hinchingbrooke Hospital will be limiting the number of visitors to patients to protect patients and staff from the 'rapidly-developing' spread of Coronavirus.
As part of precautions being taken by the hospital, visitors to the site in Huntingdon will be restricted from tomorrow (Monday).
Restrictions include; one visitor per adult patient, a partner and birthing partner per woman in labour, two parents or responsible carers per child patient and no children under 12 on site without prior agreement of the ward nurse or manager in charge.
A statement from the hospital said: 'In order to protect our patients and staff from the rapidly-developing spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are restricting visiting patients in hospital from Monday 16 March 2020 to essential visits only.'
The hospital has said that discretion will be applied on compassionate grounds by the nurse/midwife in charge.
The statement said: 'Outpatient appointments are currently continuing as normal, unless you are contacted and advised otherwise. For adult patients attending outpatient appointments, please be mindful to either attend by yourself or bring one person to accompany you where possible.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 6 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 7 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 8 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 9 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 10 Father accused of baby murder blamed car seat for bruise
'Thank you for your understanding. Please share this information to help us protect our patients and staff.'