Hunt will spread the word on core values
CHILDREN visiting Wisbech s Horse Fair shopping centre on Saturday, October 14, had better come prepared with their running shoes and a keen interest in … apples. The shopping centre, in conjunction with Wisbech s Apple Day celebration, will host an apple
CHILDREN visiting Wisbech's Horse Fair shopping centre on Saturday, October 14, had better come prepared with their running shoes and a keen interest in ... apples.
The shopping centre, in conjunction with Wisbech's Apple Day celebration, will host an apple hunt.
Centre manager Kevin Smith said: "Not only does the hunt reinforce the healthy eating message that is currently a hot topic, but children and adults alike have the chance to experience a variety of locally-produced apples that are not readily available when shopping in the supermarket".
In exchange for correctly naming the apple varieties, children will be given apple goody bags full of items from each of the hunt sponsors,
You may also want to watch:
Somerfield, Julian Graves, Del Monte and Stream Foods.
The hunt, free to enter, will run from 10am-2pm from the Apple Day stalls in the Market Place.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled