Hunt will spread the word on core values
CHILDREN visiting Wisbech s Horse Fair shopping centre on Saturday, October 14, had better come prepared with their running shoes and a keen interest in … apples. The shopping centre, in conjunction with Wisbech s Apple Day celebration, will host an apple
CHILDREN visiting Wisbech's Horse Fair shopping centre on Saturday, October 14, had better come prepared with their running shoes and a keen interest in ... apples.
The shopping centre, in conjunction with Wisbech's Apple Day celebration, will host an apple hunt.
Centre manager Kevin Smith said: "Not only does the hunt reinforce the healthy eating message that is currently a hot topic, but children and adults alike have the chance to experience a variety of locally-produced apples that are not readily available when shopping in the supermarket".
In exchange for correctly naming the apple varieties, children will be given apple goody bags full of items from each of the hunt sponsors,
You may also want to watch:
Somerfield, Julian Graves, Del Monte and Stream Foods.
The hunt, free to enter, will run from 10am-2pm from the Apple Day stalls in the Market Place.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 9 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online