Hunt will spread the word on core values
CHILDREN visiting Wisbech s Horse Fair shopping centre on Saturday, October 14, had better come prepared with their running shoes and a keen interest in … apples. The shopping centre, in conjunction with Wisbech s Apple Day celebration, will host an apple
CHILDREN visiting Wisbech's Horse Fair shopping centre on Saturday, October 14, had better come prepared with their running shoes and a keen interest in ... apples.
The shopping centre, in conjunction with Wisbech's Apple Day celebration, will host an apple hunt.
Centre manager Kevin Smith said: "Not only does the hunt reinforce the healthy eating message that is currently a hot topic, but children and adults alike have the chance to experience a variety of locally-produced apples that are not readily available when shopping in the supermarket".
In exchange for correctly naming the apple varieties, children will be given apple goody bags full of items from each of the hunt sponsors,
You may also want to watch:
Somerfield, Julian Graves, Del Monte and Stream Foods.
The hunt, free to enter, will run from 10am-2pm from the Apple Day stalls in the Market Place.
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 4 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’