Hunt is on for young entrepreneur of the year for Fenland to complete our business awards line up
CONTENDERS are now needed for just one remaining category in this year s Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard business awards – the Fenland Young Entrepreneur of the Year. We want to hear from any young businessman or woman, either working for themselves, managin
CONTENDERS are now needed for just one remaining category in this year's Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard business awards - the Fenland Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
We want to hear from any young businessman or woman, either working for themselves, managing a department for a company, in a partnership or a director of a limited company, who is proud of their achievements to date.
They, we believe, will be the people and the power behind industries for years to come - and their entrepreneurial skills will be recognised at Fenland's prestigious celebration of business.
Maybe they are someone who has rocketed up a business ladder towards management, or has come up with some inspirational ideas to help your business thrive.
You may also want to watch:
But these young people may have already taken the plunge - and started their own business and show everyone that it is possible to be successful in such tricky times.
Whoever they are, whatever they do, they can all be nominated for the Young Entrepreneur of the Year at the inaugural Fenland Enterprise Business Awards.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
The only criteria is that they are aged 25 or under.
The Young Entrepreneur of the Year category is sponsored by The Kids Are Alright Campaign - a stereotype-busting campaign involving the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard and a number of partner agencies.
Tom Jefford, chairman of Cambridgeshire Criminal Justice Board, a partner agency in the campaign, said: "We believe that we must put our faith behind young people and support their development, creativity and energy as the business leaders, employers and investors of the future.
"Everyone has a responsibility in helping young people on the road to success and raising their aspirations to achieve as much as they are able."
Entering couldn't be more simple - send an email to senior reporter Tom Jackson at email@example.com including your name, age, the business you are involved with and why you think you are worthy of the award.
Alternatively, call Tom on 01354 652621 or write to him at Young Entrepreneur of the Year, 51 High Street, March, PE15 9JJ.
NB: If you want to nominate a friend, colleague or family member please contact Tom also.