Check ebay, Auto trader, selling sites. This 1967 red VW Beetle has been stolen from the Wisbech area
- Credit: Archant
A classic car insurance company is urging people to stay on the look out for a stolen 50 year old red VW Beetle.
The 1967 Beetle, registration number RPB 834E was stolen Wednesday June 6 from the Wisbech area.
The Hagerty Classic Car insurance twitter page says: “Please share and keep an eye out!”
In 1967 the country was in full swing, hemlines were rising and the music scene was rocking.
More importantly, all manner of ground breaking modifications were made to the people’s car – not least a whole host of technical changes that would take the Beetle into next decade.
According to a VW heritage blog, the biggest visual change included the introduction of strengthened and raised ‘Europa’ bumpers, along with a shortening of the engine lid – which had a new handle and lock – and bonnet and raised valances.
In 1967 the beetle’s rear suspension was significantly revised including a widened track, softer torsion bars and the addition of a unique Z-configuration equalizing torsion spring.
On US, UK and Ireland models, the generator output was increased from 180 to 360 watts, and the entire electrical system was upgraded from six volts to 12 volts.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 4 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 7 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 8 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 9 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 10 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
New equipment included a driver’s armrest on the door and locking buttons on both doors.
Safety improvements included two-speed windscreen wipers, reversing lights (in some markets), and a driver’s side mirror.